Thursday, December 5, 2013

Simplemindedness of children

When we were little, my sister and I used to think that If we closed our eyes, we'd turn invisible. If we couldn't see you, then you couldn't see us.

I wish all the time that that was actually real.

How awesome would it be to just close your eyes and disappear from the world?

I'd literally have my eyes closed all the time.

I'd love nothing more than to close my eyes and completely remove myself from an awkward confrontation.

Little kids believed in EVERTHING! Why can't adults do that as well?

Santa is probably the greatest lie told to children of all time.

We all wondered, "How in the FUCK does this fat man travel the world in a single night?" or, "How does he come down our chimneys? What if we don't have one?"

Santa was so magical. Something extremely exciting for us this time of year when we were small. I often wish I could go back to the simplicities of being little and believing in everything, because now, there's no magic. Theres just a whole lot of life staring you in the face until you die.

If I could have only one wish, it would be that we could all find the magic in everyday life. That we could all adopt a love for the simple things in life like a child does. Find a bug outside and think, "damn, that thing is cool," or pick up a stick and say, "This would make a sick friggen sword." Where did our imaginations go?

I wish we could get them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment